The FSA hosted a virtual meeting on Tuesday morning to present and launch its new Strategic Plan 2021-2025. The invitation was extended to members of the industry and the Seychelles Chamber of Commerce and Industry.
The CEO of the FSA, Mr. Damien Thesee welcomed the attendees and stated that the purpose of the new strategic plan is to realign the FSA’s vision, mission and strategic deliverables for the next five years with a clear focus on:
- Effective and efficient delivery of the FSA’s national and international mandate;
- Operating in strict compliance to international rules and standards;
- Earning the reputation of a reputable and exemplary NBFS jurisdictions;
- Acquisition of the desired capabilities and infrastructure; and
- Being a significant financial contributor to the Seychelles economy.
The presentation which was delivered by 3 staff members of the FSA, Mr. Eric Dsouza from the Policy, Research & Statistics Section, Ms. Arlette Hoareau from the Legal Unit and Ms. Amanda Rene from the Fiduciary Supervision Section. An overview of a SWOT analysis conducted on the Authority highlighting the major challenges being faced including FSA’s strategic risks assessment.
Following the presentation of the strategic plan with the industry and other stakeholders, the plan will be updated and finalized before submission to the Government for approval in September.
Financial Services Authority