With the ever-increasing pressures on financial services centres around the globe to ensure compliance with international standards, it is essential for professionals within the financial services sector to be adequately trained for the effective implementation of regulations in place to ensure that the sector remains transparent and competitive.
The FSA, as the supervisory authority for reporting entities under its regulatory ambit (i.e. non-bank financial services) is therefore cognisant of the need to, at all times, maintain a high level of regulatory compliance and adherence to certain service standards within the field of the non-bank financial services industry.
With the aim of assisting individuals wishing to join the industry to gain the requisite specialized qualifications as well as ensuring that professionals within the industry meets the relevant requirements set by local and international authorities, the FSA is offering scholarships under its Professional Scholarship Initiative, where 30 individuals will be partially sponsored to undertake an International Compliance Association (“ICA”) Certificate of choice from the following list:
- Certificate in Anti-Money Laundering (AML)
- Certificate in Compliance
The Certificate will be conducted by the ICA, which is a leading professional body for the global regulatory and financial crime compliance community.
The above courses have been carefully chosen with a focus on the areas that are the forefront of the non-bank financial services sector.
- The course commencement date will be within the 2nd week of May, 2023
- The self-study courses can be completed in as little as 4 weeks but you will have access from the ICA for up to 3 months to complete the course
- Assessed by a 1 hour online multiple-choice exam
- A workshop will be held within the course of the programme
- Priority will be given to individuals who wishes to join the industry
- Citizen of Seychelles residing in Seychelles
- At least 3 years of work experience
- Good academic and professional records
- Good written English skills
- Must be undertaking the course for the first time
Applicants who are successful will be required to contribute 10% towards their course fees and will be subjected to the terms and conditions of the scholarship.
The FSA is inviting interested individuals to apply for the course by submitting their application and relevant documentation to:
Corporate Communications Unit
Attn: Ms. Lissa Bristol
Financial Services Authority
Bois de Rose Avenue
P.O. Box 991
Or to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Application form is available on the FSA website here
The deadline to submit applications is the 28th April, 2023.