Insurance, Gambling and Pension Supervision Section
Responsible to oversee the prudential and market conduct of regulated entities in order to ensure compliance and to achieve the sections overall goals and objectives.
Summary of Duties:
- Review and evaluate license and/or registration application made under the Insurance Act, 2008 and under the Gambling Act, 2014.
- Assist with corporate governance, internal controls, risk management issues.
- Process and approve changes in licensee’s structure.
- Review and approve products (for life insurance business).
- Assist in policy matters such as new products, laws and regulations, codes, guidelines, Memorandum of Understanding (MOU).
- Assist in the continuous review and update of application procedure manuals, fit and proper procedure manuals in accordance to international best practices.
- Assist in the development and implementation of financial consumer education programmes.
- Participate in undertaking market research for continuous improvement of the regulatory/supervisory framework for the various sector under its purview.
- Assist on on-site inspections.
- Assist in AML/CFT matters.
Minimum Entry Requirements:
- Degree in Insurance, Mathematics, Risk Management, Economics, Actuarial Science, Statistics, Finance, Accounting or a related field; or
- Professional qualifications in Insurance/Pension/Financial Planning/Finance and Accounting from a recognised professional body; and
- A minimum of 3 years of relevant working experience, of which at least 2 years should be within the insurance and gambling industry and/or insurance and gambling regulatory environment; and
- Relevant compliance, operational and managerial experience in financial services.
Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Please forward your covering letter, curriculum vitae, certificates, references and referees to:
Head of Corporate Affairs
Financial Services Authority
P.O. Box 991, Bois De Rose Avenue, Mahe
Closing date of application: 15th October, 2021