The Financial Services Authority is inviting dedicated, dynamic and committed individuals to join its team and help contribute to the success of the financial services industry.
Responsible for reviewing and determining the merit of license applications and other authorisations requests for approval within the Fiduciary Services Sector.
Summary of Duties:
- Work in close collaboration with the Manager Authorisations to assist and ensure effective and efficient operations of the unit.
- Engage in the processing and evaluation of applications submitted within the Authorisations Unit including but not limited to licensing, renewal, changes and other authorisation applications.
- Assess and appraise all applications in consultation with the other units and in line with relevant current legislation in place applying the KYC principles and due diligence.
- Coordinate, facilitate liaison and dissemination of information to customers or their agents and provide a comprehensive analysis of applications.
- Engage in the conduct of onsite inspections in ensuring prospective licensee’s adherence with the prevailing legislations or on an ad-hoc basis.
- Contribute in the formulation, implementation, and maintenance of policies, procedures and practices, participate in the development of strategic plans for the FSA and review exercises as and when required.
- Provide stakeholders with market information i.e. new licences and developments in the Industry.
- Assist in the undertaking of market research to improve the regulatory standing of the industry and the jurisdiction.
Minimum Entry Requirements:
- Degree in Finance, Economics, Accounting or Law or any other relevant field or suitable level of experience in a relevant field; or
- Diploma in International Compliance Association (ICA) plus 2 years of relevant working experience.
Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Please forward your covering letter, curriculum vitae, certificates, references and referees to:
Head of Corporate Affairs
Financial Services Authority
P.O. Box 991, Bois De Rose Avenue, Mahe
Closing date of application: Friday 17th December, 2021