Responsible for reviewing and determining the merit of license applications and other authorisations requests for approval within the Fiduciary Services Sector.
Summary of Duties:
- Work in close collaboration with the Manager Authorisations to assist and ensure effective and efficient operations of the unit.
- Engage in the processing and evaluation of applications submitted within the Authorisations Unit including but not limited to licensing, renewal, changes and other authorisation applications.
- Assess and appraise all applications in consultation with the other units and in line with relevant current legislation in place applying the KYC principles and due diligence.
- Coordinate, facilitate liaison and dissemination of information to customers or their agents and provide a comprehensive analysis of applications.
- Engage in the conduct of onsite inspections in ensuring prospective licensee’s adherence with the prevailing legislations or on an ad-hoc basis.
- Contribute in the formulation, implementation, and maintenance of policies, procedures and practices, participate in the development of strategic plans for the FSA and review exercises as and when required.
- Provide stakeholders with market information i.e. new licences and developments in the Industry.
- Assist in the undertaking of market research to improve the regulatory standing of the industry and the jurisdiction.
Minimum Entry Requirements:
- Degree in Finance, Economics, Accounting or Law or any other relevant field or suitable level of experience in a relevant field; or
- Diploma in International Compliance Association (ICA) plus 2 years of relevant working experience.
Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Please forward your covering letter, curriculum vitae, certificates, references and referees to:
Head of Corporate Affairs
Financial Services Authority
P.O. Box 991, Bois De Rose Avenue, Mahe
Closing date of application: 15th October, 2021