ICA Advanced Certificates
With the ever-increasing pressures on financial services jurisdictions around the globe to ensure compliance with international standards, it is essential for professionals within the financial services sector to be adequately trained for the effective implementation of laws and regulations in place to ensure that the sector remains compliant, transparent and competitive.
The FSA, as the Supervisory Authority for reporting entities under its regulatory ambit (i.e. non-bank financial services) is therefore cognisant of the need to, at all times, maintain a high level of regulatory compliance and adherence to certain service standards within the field of the non-bank financial services industry.
With the aim of ensuring that professionals within the industry meets the relevant requirements set by local and international authorities, the FSA is offering scholarships under its Professional Scholarship Initiative, where 10 individuals will be partially sponsored to undertake an International Compliance Association (“ICA”) Advance Certificate of choice from the following list:
- Advanced Certificate in Anti-Money Laundering (AML)
- Advanced Certificate in Compliance
The Certificate will be conducted by the ICA, which is a leading professional body for the global regulatory and financial crime compliance community.
The above courses have been carefully chosen with a focus on the areas that are the forefront of the non-bank financial services sector.
- The course commencement date will be within the 2nd week of January, 2024
- The course can be completed in 6 months
- Course Format will be a mix of guided, online study and attendance at live, virtual classrooms delivered through award-winning interactive technology.
- The course is assessed through:
- A timed, online scenario-based assessment
- A research-based assignment
- Citizen of Seychelles residing in Seychelles
- At least 3 years of work experience
- Good academic and professional records
- Good written English skills
- Must hold an ICA certificate in Compliance/ AML
Applicants who are successful will be required to contribute 10% towards their course fees, which will amount to GBP 187.6 and will be subjected to the terms and conditions of the scholarship.
The FSA is inviting interested individuals to apply for the course by submitting their application and relevant documentation to:
Corporate Communications Unit
Attn: Ms. Vesna Vel
Financial Services Authority
Bois de Rose Avenue
P.O. Box 991
Or to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline to submit applications is the 6th December 2023.