To develop, adhere to and enforce the approved standards of the Enforcement and AML/CFT Unit to assist in the development and maintenance of internal procedures and policies of the unit to ensure the effective running of the Unit. To undertake offsite as well as onsite examinations of licensees/ reporting entities to ensure ongoing compliance with provisions of relevant laws, regulations and supervisory policies relating to the combatting of ML and FT risks.
Summary of duties:
- Conduct risk based AML/CFT supervision of regulated entities and persons falling under the purview of the FSA. This includes but is not limited to:
- Conduct of on-site inspections/ examinations of relevant licensees/ reporting entities in accordance with the AML/ CFT Act, Regulations and Policies in order to monitor the activities of licensees/ reporting entities to ensure their compliance with provisions of the relevant AML/ CFT Act, Regulations and policies; and
- Conduct of off-site/ desk-based supervision of licensees/ reporting entities under the relevant AML/ CFT Act so as to ensure that they are complying with the relevant regulatory, prudential and conduct requirements and where necessary to recommend appropriate supervisory enforcement action
- Investigate and Implement day-to-day administrative procedures and where necessary recommend enforcement action for non-compliance or breaches to the relevant legislations and regulations under the Section’s regulatory purview to ensure that that appropriate regulatory enforcement action is taken in events of breaches by the relevant licensees and approved persons.
- Adhere with the approved service standards and internal systems and control of the Unit.
- Assist the development of internal procedures to uphold and/or improve the quality of monitoring being employed by the AML/CFT Unit
- Collate data and any other relevant information relating to the Unit and provide findings and recommendations to management.
Minimum entry requirements:
- Undergraduate Degree in Law or Finance or Economics or Business Administration (and any related field); or
- International Compliance Association – International Diploma in Compliance, Risk and Governance; or
- ICSA- Level 5 Diploma
- Minimum of two Years’ Experience in Related Field.
Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Please forward your covering letter, curriculum vitae, certificates, references and referees to:
Head of Corporate Affairs
Financial Services Authority
P.O. Box 991, Bois De Rose Avenue, Mahe
Closing date of application: 6th February, 2023